NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Posted: May 14, 2012
Notice of Annual General Meeting
|Date:||Thursday, June 28, 2012|
|Time:||Registration at 6 pm;|
Meeting to commence at 6:30 pm
|Location:||VanDusen Botanical Garden|
5251 Oak Street, Vancouver (Oak and West 37th Avenue)
Visitor Centre, BMO Great Hall, Woodland Hall A & B
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Bylaw 9 of the Vancouver Non-Partisan Association (NPA) that the Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, June 28, 2012 at VanDusen Botanical Garden, Visitor Centre, BMO Great Hall, Woodland Hall A & B, 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver, British Columbia for the following purposes.
- 1. To approve the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting;
- 2. Matters arising therefrom;
- 3. To receive the reports of the President, Secretary, Treasurer, Auditors and Committees;
- 4. To elect ten (10) directors for the ensuing year;
- 5. To approve the transaction of such other business as may property come before this meeting
Eligibility to Vote
In order to vote at the AGM, you must be a member in good standing of the Non-Partisan Association for at least 30 days immediately preceding the AGM, namely May 29th, 2012.
Key Deadline Dates
If you wish to be a candidate for election to the NPA board, intend to propose other motions that the membership will consider at the AGM, please be aware of the following.
Candidates for the Board of Directors
Nominations of Directors, pursuant to Bylaw 22 of the Constitution shall be made by two (2) Members in good standing as proposer and seconder. Nominations for the election of Directors shall be made in writing and delivered to the Association at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting no later than June 7th, 2012.
Any member of the NPA wishing to stand for nomination as a director to the Board of Directors must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Submit their written nomination endorsed by two members in good standing of the NPA (with contact information: name, address, postal code, telephone numbers: residence, work and/or cell, and email) to the Secretary of the NPA no later than June 7th, 2012.
- The Secretary will only receive written nominations at the address for delivery as noted below. A Nomination for Directors Application must be completed. Nominators and seconders must provide detailed information: name, address, mailing address, postal code, telephone numbers: residence, work, cell and email.
Anyone wishing to submit a motion, pursuant to Bylaw 13, for the membership to consider at an AGM other than a motion to amend the Bylaws of the NPA, must submit their motion in writing to the Secretary of the NPA, no later than June 14th, 2012. Motions must include the names of the mover and seconder. Detailed contact information for the mover and seconder must include: name, address, mailing address, postal code, telephone numbers: residence, work, cell and email.
Address for Delivering Notices
Written nominations, proposed amendments to the NPA Bylaws and motions for consideration at the AGM must be submitted to the following addresses only:
If delivered by mail, the document must be postmarked no later than June 7th, 2012 midnight at the address as noted below.
|Kirk B. Miller, Secretary|
PO Box 939, Station A
Vancouver, B.C. V6C 2N7
Drop off in person or by courier - Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. No later than June 7th, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
|Kindly ensure your package is clearly marked.|
Kirk B. Miller, Secretary, NPA
c/o Barbeau, Evans & Goldstein
Suite 280, Park Place
666 Burrard Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6C 2X8
Any written nominations, proposed amendments or motions received after the due date or at addresses other than those shown above will NOT be accepted. The Secretary will not grant any extensions, exceptions, or accept delivery at any other location.
Pursuant to Bylaw 49, you may receive this notice at the last email address known to the NPA or the last mailing address known to the NPA. If you have any further questions, please contact the NPA Secretary at the email address below.
Kirk B. Miller, Secretary of the Board of Directors, Vancouver Non-Partisan Association
In order to register and/or vote at the meeting, you must have two (2) pieces of identification with one being photo identification and address.
Dated at Vancouver, British Columbia, the 14th day of May, 2012.
Kirk B. Miller