Sophia Woo - School Board Trustee
Sophia is a graduate of Simon Fraser University, and has a Master’s Degree in Social Work from HKU, and is a mental health clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health. She is a recipient of Outstanding Chinese Woman Award, 2007 and is a Paul Harris Fellow. Sophia publishes in professional journals and medical educational booklets. She speaks at local, national and international conferences, co-ordinates community workshops and facilitates parents and family support groups.
It is Sophia’s goal to promote cultural harmony, school safety, emergency preparedness, mental health and parental involvement.
- Past Board Member & Current Member, Rotary Club of Vancouver Chinatown
- Board Member, Chinese Community Police Center
- Board Member, Vancouver Association of Community Police Center
- Past Board Member, Riverview Hospital
- Shop Steward, Occupational Health & Safety, Health Science Association
- Member, Arbutus Lions Club